Wedding etiquette – not everyone’s favorite topic but certainly an important element throughout the entire wedding planning process. I would highly recommend checking in with Emily Post at www.emilypost.com for ANY question you have – no matter how small or weird or awkward the question may be 🙂 I am certainly up on the wedding etiquette after planning my wedding so I am here to answer those difficult questions as well.
For example – what are your attendants responsible for according to Emily Post?
- Pay for their wedding attire and accessories (excluding flowers).
- Arrange and pay for their own transportation. (Wedding hosts should provide the accommodations.)
- Be timely and communicative regarding travel arrangements and acquiring attire.
- Understand the specific duties involved (see below).
- Arrive at specified times for all wedding-related events.
- Attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner; attend other pre-wedding events when feasible.
- Give an individual wedding gift to the couple, or contribute to a group gift from all the attendants.
- Assist the bride and groom whenever possible.
- Be attentive to other guests at the wedding and reception.
This is a very general list of duties and responsibilities – Emily Post digs into specific details for the Maid of Honor, Bridesmaids, Best Man, Groomsman, and so on. She will help you get down to the nitty gritty about who does what and when – this all may seem like you are being too controlling, but the people involved with your wedding will truly appreciate knowing what is expected of them!